Sr Patient Care Technician
1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within our Admin Radiology at Community East. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
The Senior Patient Care Technician will be responsible for:
Escorting/transporting both ED and Outpatients to and from department for testing. Will assists patient with personal and clerical needs pertinent to scheduled Imaging exam. Assists technologist with positioning and performance of exam as requested.
Clerical duties include but not limited to: contacting hospital as well as outside sources for valid orders for testing or labs; contacting patient before exam to ensure they are properly dressed and prepped; answering telephones, monitors exam dictation; electronic sending/receiving of images and burning CDs when required.
Exposure to blood and body fluids is possible.
Any additional unit based duties
Your exceptional qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to use a computer for documentation and work related purposes
- Strong written, verbal and nonverbal interpersonal and professional communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions
- Provides service in a willing and courteous manner
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task.
- Able to take direction well, but also be self-directed and motivated.
- Requires a high degree of responsibility and responsiveness.
- Deal effectively with patients, visitors, situations, and other Care Team members, while maintaining emotional control
- Must be able to lift
- Must be available for one week of full-time training
- Three (3) months of Clinical Experience required OR currently enrolled in Nursing school
life with Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for consideration.