Sr Patient Care Technician
100 Monument Circle
Indiana, IN 46204
Every 3rd weekend commitment
The OB Patient Support Technician II position is located at Community Hospital South in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The OB Patient Support Technician II performs direct patient care to both mothers and infants as a Patient Support Partner or Patient Support Technician.
- Provides essential clerical support of the accurate completion of the Certificate of Live Birth, the Paternity Affidavit, the Fetal Death Certificate, and subsequent legal submissions to the Indiana Birth Registration and Fetal Death Record system.
- Greets and orients patients to the patient care area.
- Provides security access to and from Maternity Services Department by monitoring cameras, doorbells, entrance phones, and elevator access as necessary.
- Accurately maintains all screening logs organized, complete and readily accessible.
- Schedules testing that is done as Inpatient and Outpatient on the Maternity Services / Family Rooms Unit.
- Hospital experience as a Patient Support Partner, Administrative Partner, or Patient Support Technician
- Experience providing quality customer service
- Experience with computerized data entry
- Regulatory knowledge preferred
High school diploma or GED equivalent
- CPR certified per American Heart Association Healthcare Provider guidelines within 30 days of hire
- Obtains Notary status with 60 days of hire
- Communicates verbally and in written format with patients, family, and other care team members
- Organizes and prioritizes tasks, and demonstrates strong problem solving skills
- Accurately keyboards, word processes, and enters data into computer programs
- Possesses exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrates outstanding ability in detail oriented work
- Maintains attendance and punctuality standards of behavior
- Clearly speaks, reads, writes and understands English
- Reacts, moves, works quickly, despite multiple distractions
- Hears the spoken word and telephone conversations clearly
- Sees well, with correction, at a distance of at least 20 feet and up close
- Stands, stretches, squats, stoops, reaches, grasps, pushes, pulls, lifts, and works in cramped quarters
- Types without error
- Interacts with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
Nursing assistant, CNA, patient technician
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.