Senior Patient Care Technician - ICU
100 Monument Circle
Indiana, IN 46204
The Senior Patient Care Technician position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana at Community Hospital North in the ICU.
- May perform some or all of basic patient care needs such as, bathing, feeding, vitals, activities of daily living, transportation of patients, discontinue IV, Phlebotomy, Accucheck, catheter care, clean dressing changes, and restraints
- Exposure to blood and body fluids is possible
- Any additional unit based duties
Previous successful experience as a Patient Care Technician at CHI or similar role in another facility.
High School or GED Equivalent
- Ability to use a computer for documentation and work related purposes
- Strong written, verbal and nonverbal interpersonal and professional communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions
- Provides service in a willing and courteous manner
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task.
- Able to take direction well, but also be self-directed and motivated.
- Requires a high degree of responsibility and responsiveness.
- Deal effectively with patients, visitors, situations, and other Care Team members, while maintaining emotional control
- Must be able to lift
- Must be available for one week of full-time training
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.