Senior Patient Care Tech - Student Extern Resource Team SPARK Program
13050 Parkside Drive
Fishers, IN 46038
Join our community
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within our Resource team. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
The Senior Patient Care Technician – Student Extern Resource team will be responsible for:
- Performing some or all of basic patient care needs such as, bathing, feeding, vitals, activities of daily living, transportation of patients, discontinue IV, Phlebotomy, Accucheck, catheter care, clean dressing changes, and restraints
- Exposure to blood and body fluids is possible
- Any additional unit based duties
Your exceptional qualifications
- Ability to use a computer for documentation and work related purposes
- Strong written, verbal and nonverbal interpersonal and professional communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions
- Provides service in a willing and courteous manner
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task.
- Able to take direction well, but also be self-directed and motivated.
- Requires a high degree of responsibility and responsiveness.
- Deal effectively with patients, visitors, situations, and other Care Team members, while maintaining emotional control
- High School diploma or GED
- Currently accepted into an Accredited Nursing School (must provide Nursing school acceptance letter upon hire)
- Completed at least the first semester of Nursing School (must provide official transcripts upon hire)
- Must be able to lift
- Must be available for one week of full-time day shift training
- Must be available to float to any unit at two hospital locations
Your life with Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for consideration.