Senior Patient Care Tech - Student Extern
Make a Difference
The Sr. Patient Care Tech Student Extern works under the direction of Registered Nurse. Performs direct and indirect patient care. Direct patient care can include bathing, assisting with elimination, and assisting patients with feeding, bed making, safety observation, blood glucose checks, vital signs, urinary catheter insertion/care, dressing changes, and phlebotomy. Indirect patient care can include documentation; assist to reinforce patient/family education stocking supplies and orienting patients and staff to the unit. Collaborates with other team members to perform other services as directed.
Exceptional Skills and Qualifications
Applicants for this position should be able to collaborate with others in a team setting, have excellent communication skills, and a positive attitude toward problem-solving.
- High School diploma or GED
- Currently accepted into an Accredited Nursing School (must provide Nursing school acceptance letter upon hire)
- Completed at least the first semester of Nursing School (must provide official transcripts upon hire)
- Performing some or all of basic patient care needs such as, bathing, feeding, vitals, activities of daily living, transportation of patients, discontinue IV, Phlebotomy, Accucheck, catheter care, clean dressing changes, and restraints
- Exposure to blood and body fluids is possible
- Any additional unit based duties
- Ability to use a computer for documentation and work related purposes
- Strong written, verbal and nonverbal interpersonal and professional communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions
- Provides service in a willing and courteous manner
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task.
- Able to take direction well, but also be self-directed and motivated.
- Requires a high degree of responsibility and responsiveness.
- Deal effectively with patients, visitors, situations, and other Care Team members, while maintaining emotional control
- Must be able to lift
- Must be available for one week of full-time training
At Community Health Network, we build teams that deliver exceptional care through empathy, communication and collaboration. We consider ALL an integral part of the exceptional patient experience. We PRIIDE ourselves on not having employees but Caregivers. Join our Community as we make a difference in your community.
Caring people apply here.