Security Officer - Nights - South
1402 E County Line Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46227
The Security Officer is located in Indianapolis, Indiana
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within the Police Department. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
Security Officer(s) serves to provide an overall environment of SAFETY; serves & supports the patient delivery system, minimizing disruption,
renders service support as needed to run hospital operations, and strives to provide an exceptional positive experience to all people.
Your Essential Skills
· High School Diploma or GED : High school diploma or GED equivalent; Associate’s or Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice and/or equivalent
experience in Public Safety is preferred. IAHSS Basic one time Course completion. (Required)
- Individuals may not perform all of these duties, or may perform additional, related duties not listed here.
- Critical Incident Management--Manages and maintains control in Use of Force Emergency Response and all Emergency Preparedness situations.
- Follows process to contact and communicate with the investigations team.
- Ensures responsible care of patient valuables, weapons in our control, and completing property inventory logs as required.
- Assure that the lost and found / patient valuables safe and cabinet is well maintained and items are accounted for.
- Acts as security department liaison with other departments as directed by leadership
- Establishes an active security presence, providing surveillance, personal escort, courier service, vehicle assistance, and audits/inspections.
- Serves as an ambassador, acts as secondary support person to emergent events as needed, issues various forms of written and oral communication.
- Is knowledgeable of acceptable norm(s) within the environment, and must have specific knowledge and the ability to respond safely & quickly to all designated locations within Community Health Network.
- Responds to incidents in a timely manner and gathers all pertinent information for the incident report, including photographs.
- Records report in computerized RMS.
- If necessary, alerts other staff (Investigations, hazmat, safety etc.) for support.
- Ensures the situation is fully safe and resolved before continuing business.
- Monitors human behavior through observation of presentation and body language.
- Utilizes Departmental policy and the Use of Force Continuum guidelines, e.g. AIDET, AVADE de-escalation skills, Defensive
- Tactics, Pepper Spray, TASER, citizen arrest. Assists Law Enforcement.
- Completes official inspection rounding and participates in safety and security activities such as smoking enforcement, infant abduction response, Code Red – fire plan response.
- Completes monthly system checks – examples include panic alarms, call boxes, elevator phones, infant alarm system, fire extinguishers.
- Initiates perimeter lockdown during emergent event/drills.
- Conducts interim life Safety Patrols to meet required policy for Interim Life Safety.
Your Exceptional Qualifications
· Required Indiana Driver's License
· Within one (1) year from hire Certifications/Licensures: (Hazmat Certification Operations Level 1, Indiana License to Carry Handgun)
· Ability to effectively use interpersonal skills
· Ability to perform basic computer functions
· Ability to work effectively within a team environment
· Leadership skills
· Organizational skills
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Your life with Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for immediate consideration.