Indianapolis, IN 46256
The Scheduler position is located on the northeast side of Indianapolis, Indiana.
Our schedulers work the phone tree scheduling either virtual office appointments or setting up endoscopies. They work the referral WQ contacting patients to schedule procedures or virtual appointments, and are also cross trained on check in/out to fill in at a satellite office as needed.
- Arrange pre-op testing for patients.
- Assist with arranging meetings for physicians.
- Arrange the physicians schedule around their surgeries.
- Work with Physicians on preferences for surgeries and pre-op testing.
- Assist other areas of the office as needed.
- Walk each patient through instructions about what must be done prior to surgery, what time they need to arrive, and let them know they will need to set up transportation home.
- Two or more years experience in surgery scheduling required.
- Medical terminology and understanding and comprehension of insurance/healthcare industry.
- ICD9 coding and insurance knowledge/experience preferred.
High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Team oriented
- Patient friendly
- Takes on new responsibility as needed
- Reliable and self-starter
- Good verbal and written communication skills with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Organized and very detail-oriented
- Computer and typing skills
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.