13050 Parkside Drive
Fishers, IN 46038
The Safety Officer is located in Indianapolis, Indiana
Join our community
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within the Safety and Security Department. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
The Safety Officer position is responsible for assisting in maintaining a safe environment for employees, patients, and visitors. It's accomplished through policies, assessments, monitoring, and measuring data. The position reports to the Safety Manager and togethers they will develop safety initiatives through education, assessments, and policies that will help the CHNw maintain a safe environment while meeting regulatory compliance.
Your Essential Skills
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Safety Management or Related Field (Required)
Your Exceptional Qualifications
- Be familiar with OSHA, JCAHO, IDOH, NFPA, and other related codes and regulations pertaining to healthcare and general safety.
- Assist with chairing the following committees: CHE Site Emergency Preparedness, CHN Site Emergency Preparedness, CHS Site Emergency Preparedness, and CHVH Site Emergency Preparedness Committees, and other pertinent EM Committees.
- Conduct IAQ studies and ergonomic evaluations throughout the CHNw.
- Conduct investigation on employee injury reports and incidents involving safety.
- Will assist in leading and participating in EOC Rounding. Also will conduct safety assessments on departments when necessary.
- Will help direct/critique emergency preparedness drills/events.
- Will help lead and/or participate in each site EOC Committee. The Safety Department is responsible for the Safety Management Plan, Emergency Preparedness Management Plan, and Chemical & Waste Management Plan. The Safety Department will also provide data for the Fire Prevention Mgmt Plan.
- May participate in the following meetings: Life Safety, Radiation Safety Committee, Chemical & and Waste Mgmt Committee, etc.
- Assist with updating the fire safety, hazard communication, and emergency preparedness training program.
- Conduct haz-mat training for security officers and assist with the ER Decon team when necessary.
- Will participate in the CHNw fit-testing program.
- will assist in retrieving SDS and maintaining departments chemical inventories.
- Will assist in reviewing and updating the Emergency Preparedness Manual and Safety Manual
- Will conduct waste management audits and assist with managing the CHN waste and recycling program.
- Provides effective oral and written communication regarding safety and proactive measures in preventing injuries and meeting regulatory compliances.
- Will provide data to the CHNw Environmental of Care Committee.
- Will assist in providing HICS training to the CHNw.
- Utilize resources to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, patients, and visitors.
- Individuals may not perform all of these duties, or may perform additional, related duties not listed here.
Your life with Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for immediate consideration.