RN Case Manager - Utilization Review, Behavioral Health
7150 Clearvista Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46256
Community Health Network knows that putting patients first means having highly skilled nurses on every unit, in each location and in all of the communities, we serve.
We are seeking a RN case manager, specializing in utilization review and behavioral health, for our north hospital.
This is a daytime, prn, position.
If you are passionate about working with individuals, groups and communities to improve the lives of others, then you should check us out. At Community, we value every employee Caregiver, knowing that our success is directly related to the efforts of our dedicated staff.
Utilization Review Case Managers are responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of services across the continuum of care to ensure quality patient outcomes and appropriate utilization of health care services.
The primary responsibility of the utilization review case manager is to review medical records and prepare clinical appeals (when appropriate) on medical necessity, level of care, length of stay, and authorization denials for hospitalized patients.
We are responsible for supporting the healthcare team towards a smooth transition from one level of care to another in support of the patient/family. This includes coordination with the integration of the social service functions, activities concerned with case management and discharge planning.
• Competency in relationship building and social interactions; Excellent communication and collaboration to establish rapport with a wide variety of individuals
• Openness to change and willingness to try new approaches to problem solving
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
Required Education & licensing
• Two years recent clinical experience or three years of recent hospital case management experience; behavioral health experience required
• Graduate of an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education accredited school of nursing (or 3+ years of nursing experience)
• Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency required; Certification in Case Management (CCM or ACMA)
Talk about a great professional career growth opportunity!
Community Health Network offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career. We are passionate about your development and work-life balance.
Here are just some of the benefits you can expect while working for Community Health Network:
• Competitive compensation
• State of the ART Technology, procedures and cutting edge research
• Outstanding opportunities for career growth, tuition reimbursement, professional credentialing and advancement
• Unwavering support from an award-winning team of health care professionals and clinicians
• Leadership that understands, is passionate and cares about your work-life balance
• 401k Benefits
Everything we do enhances and elevates the healthcare experience. It is also an opportunity to be recognized for your skills, knowledge and experience, as well as your ability to make a difference…one patient at a time.
Our commitment to recruiting the brightest is one reason we rank among the top 20 integrated healthcare networks in the nation.