Revenue Cycle Manager
One Memorial Square
Greenfield, IN 46140
8:00am - 4:30pm
Join our community Community Health Network was created by our neighbors, for our neighbors. Over 60 years later, “community” is still the heart of our organization.
It means providing our neighbors with the best care possible, backed by state-of-the-art technology.
It means getting involved in the communities we serve through volunteer opportunities and benefit initiatives.
It means ensuring our dedicated caregivers can learn and grow to stay at the top of their fields, and to better serve our patients.
And above all, it means exceptional care, simply delivered — and we couldn’t do it without you.
- Under the direction of the Director of Business Office Operations and the Executive Director of the surgery center, the Revenue Cycle Manager will be responsible for the accurate and timely billing of patient accounts to Third Party Payers.
- The individual must have a working knowledge of all areas of the business office including admissions/registration, patient accounts and medical records.
- This position is team oriented and the incumbent supports the staff in the daily operations to ensure that the work is customer focused in a productive, quality-conscious work environment.
- This position requires that the manager is able to provide support where needed in registration, insurance verification, billing, and medical records.
- The position is located at the Hancock Surgery Center however the Manager will be a Community Health Network caregiver.
- Minimum of five years of experience in Accounts Receivables
- In depth knowledge of surgery billing and reimbursement (UB92/1500 Format, Content)
- Knowledge of ICD10/CPT, HCPCS and modifiers
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree or higher is preferred
- Knowledge of patient accounts, medical records, and registration
- Knowledge of Medicare regulations and contracted payees
- Excel experience is necessary for creating reports, budgeting and analyzing data
- Meditech experience is a plus
Community Health Network embraces a servant leadership philosophy by putting the needs of patients, employees, and the community above their own. We strongly believe to provide exceptional healthcare services we need exceptional leaders. A Community leader humbly puts the needs of others first and provides focus and direction to those they have the privilege of leading. They demonstrate compassion in all interactions and are deeply invested in the growth and development of others.