Residency Program Coordinator
533 E County Line Rd
Greenwood, IN 46143
The Residency Program Coordinator is located on the south side of Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Residency Program Coordinator will work collaboratively with leadership to manage the administrative and accreditation functions of one or more physician residency training programs.
- The following functions describe the essential duties of this role. Individuals in this role may not perform all of these duties, or may perform additional, related duties not listed here.
- Manages the day-to-day residency operations and is the liaison between residency leadership, faculty, residents, and internal departments such as HR, IT, Legal.
- Coordinates, creates and maintains schedules into required systems (New Innovations, Epic, Outlook, etc)
- Assists with analyzing and establishing future program plans in collaboration with residency and Academic Affairs/GME (Graduate Medical Education) leadership. Works closely with clinic administration to coordinate shared responsibilities.
- Coordinates, creates and distributes all resident and faculty schedules, enters into required systems (New Innovations or other) extended work hour assignments, vacation/leave schedules and meeting schedules. Coordinates resident assignments to various core and elective rotations. Arranges coverage for vacation, illness or leaves of absence. Assists in developing longitudinal rotation schedules. Verifies, tracks and reports completion of residency requirements.
- Track resident duty hours and compliance with regulations. Prepares reports for academic accreditation, program review.
- Supports all documentation needed for CCC and Milestones, residency evaluation
- Manages resident, faculty and program evaluations system (end of rotation, semi-annual, summative, resident In-Training Exam, faculty and program). Compiles and disseminates results for reviewing resident performance and reporting to accrediting bodies, including GMEC.
- Coordinates and manages residency educational session schedules
- Assists in establishing and provides bookkeeping and oversight of the budget for the residency program.
- Coordinates scholarly activity support and secretarial support for residents and faculty with research and scholarly activity preparation and coordination to include the development and maintenance of associated files and tracking mechanisms. Records faculty and resident scholarly activity this information is communicated to the ACGME on an annual basis
- In collaboration with UGME manager, coordinates medical student clerkship, elective and ‘Audition’ rotations and ensures faculty completion of student evaluation
- Develops and executes Program Letters of Agreement as needed for resident office rotations.
- Coordinates annual revision of program specific GME reviews, communicates and enforces established policies and procedures; recommends changes when appropriate.
- Updates and maintains multiple databases and program information using various web-based applications such as New Innovations, ERAS, NRMP, ACGME WebADS, GME Track (FREIDA) and resident personnel and educational files. Maintains understanding and fosters awareness and compliance with current accreditation requirements. Prepares program for internal reviews and accreditation site visits.
- In collaboration with program leadership, Manages all aspects of annual resident recruitment which includes:
- Review and evaluation of applications
- Coordination of resident and faculty interview schedules
- Submit Rank Order List on National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) website on behalf of program director
- Supports post-match (SOAP) process
- Handles financial and accounts payable activity associated with recruitment functions
- Works w faculty to revise program information on residency website
- Coordinates all aspects of new resident on-boarding including initial Employment Agreements (contracts), licensure, malpractice insurance, orientation, credentialing and IT Training.
- Coordinates residency program events such as Graduation, 2nd Look Events for residency candidates, ceremonies, retreats and social gatherings.
- Engages in continual professional development, including TAGME or specialty specific coordinator meetings, in order to effectively execute job functions.
- Trains and mentors new teammates as appropriate. Supports on-going process improvement and consistency across all network residency programs
Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible office management experience required
Data base management software experience required
- Familiarity with Graduate Medical Education preferred
- Experience working in a Residency strongly preferred
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience preferred
- Experience with New Innovations, ERAS, NRMP, and ACGME WebADS desirable
Bachelor degree required
TAGME (Training Administrators of Graduate Medical Education) desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Database management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively work independently
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana’s leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor’s offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.