Registered Nurse (RN) Wound Ostomy
3500 South LaFountain Street
Kokomo, IN 46902
The Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (WOCN) position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana at Community Hospital East.
The WOCN has the responsibility and accountability for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Program. The WOCN provides leadership, consultation, and planning of care for patients with selected disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and integumentary systems.
Demonstrated expertise in the practice of nursing validated by 5 years of current clinical practice
- Graduate from an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited School of Nursing with a Bachelor’s Degree or graduation from an ACEN accredited School of Nursing with an Associate’s Degree plus a Bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field.
- Must also be a graduate of a Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurse educational program or enrolled in such program within three months of accepting the position.
- Current licensure by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency
- Wound, Ostomy and/or Continence certification within one year after completion of the educational program(s)
- Ability to work in self-directed role
- Ability to work with peers
- Demonstrated oral, written and computer skill to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians, all members of the care team, manager, directors etc.
- Demonstrated skill in customer service to provide exceptional patient and family experiences
- Demonstrated ability to teach and validate learning needs in response to age specific or other needs
- Demonstrated skills in conflict management, counseling, and negotiation
- Demonstrated ability in critical thinking and leadership of clinical issues, group processes, and quality improvement
Successful completion of the orientation process and its associated competency assessments.
Wound, Ostomy, Registered Nurse, RN, WOCN
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.