Reg Dietitian Acute Services - Fairbanks
8102 Clearvista Pkwy
Indianapolis, IN 46256
The Clinical Dietitian position is located at Fairbanks in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Performs professional clinical nutrition patient care functions for patients on assigned units
- Maintains effective communication within the department and with other healthcare team members to provide quality nutritional care
- Provides nutrition education for department, facility, and community
- Functions as a member of the multi-disciplinary healthcare team to implement nutrition care plans
- Assesses and recommends parenteral and enteral feedings
- Plans therapeutic diets in accordance with Physician's diagnoses and requirements of regulatory agencies
Two years of clinical experience.
- Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or registry eligible
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certification in a specialty area, CNSD, Diabetes, Renal, Pediatric, preferred
- High level of expertise in the understanding of nutrition principles, theories, and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in dealing with patients and other professionals
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Organizational skills in problem solving, decision making, time management, and supervisor (indirect)
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws pertaining to nutrition practice
- Knowledge and expertise in application of educational and behavioral principles and theories
- Ability to work with peers in team situations
Dietitian, dietician, RD, nutrition
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.