Cancer Center North
7979 Shadeland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46250
Join our community!
Community Health Network was created by our neighbors, for our neighbors. Over 60 years later, “community” is still the heart of our organization.
- It means providing our neighbors with the best care possible, backed by state-of-the-art technology.
- It means getting involved in the cities we serve through volunteer opportunities and benefit initiatives.
- It means ensuring our dedicated caregivers can learn and grow to stay at the top of their fields, and to better serve our patients.
- And above all, it means exceptional care, simply delivered — and we couldn’t do it without you.
The Registered Radiation Therapist position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana at Community Cancer Center North.
- As an integral part of the health care team, the Registered Radiation Therapist performs direct patient care
- Will administer ionizing radiation accurately and precisely for therapeutic purposes following the treatment plan prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist
- Responsible for efficient operation of modern, complex treatment equipment, performing Quality Assurance duties, and assisting with daily patient billing and statistics
- Administer accurately and precisely a planned course of radiation therapy utilizing linear accelerators
- Prepares patient for treatment explaining basic procedures, e.g., noises, movement of machine, means of observation, and communication during treatment
- Assists Radiation Oncologist with tumor localization by utilizing the simulator or CT simulator
Graduate from an accredited radiation therapy technology program.
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) or registry eligible
- Certified by the State of Indiana
- Valid Indiana Radiation Therapist license
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.