Physical Therapist Float- Outpatient
333 E County Line Rd
Greenwood, IN 46143
The Physical Therapist Float- Outpatient position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Float Physical Therapist evaluates, plans, and provides therapy for appropriate patients; multiple locations
- Helps the PT & Rehab team to cover patient-care in the event of FML/Leaves-Of-Absence, clinician illness, approved clinician time-off, jury duty, funeral time, resignations, times of high census, other growth/patient-care needs as determined/identified by the PT & Rehab management team
Minimum Three (3) years of experience strongly preferred, must have Mckenzie Method, Orthopedics, and Neuro experience
Bachelors of Science degree from an accredited program is required
Current license to practice Physical Therapy in the state of Indiana or Temporary Permit, CPR certification
- Must be knowledgeable in anatomy/physiology, evaluation and therapy, theoretical concepts and techniques, current materials and technological advances, and new professional trends.
- Must also be able to effectively provide quality service to impaired individuals at multiple locations/clinics.
- Must be willing/able to travel to multiple locations as needed. Potential locations include any PT & Rehab clinic in the Network.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, peers, patients, families, physicians, and all internal/external customers at multiple locations/clinics.
- Ability to incorporate a basic understanding of the behaviors, developmental needs, physical needs, emotional needs, and comfort of the child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient at multiple locations.
- Must be able to lift/transfer patients and treatment supply items without restriction
- Must have the upper extremity strength and manual dexterity needed for writing, treatment modalities, and equipment operation
- MDT/McKenzie training/experience (A & B) preferred
- Comfort with Neuro diagnoses/treatment preferred
- Ability to deal effectively with change & inherent lack of consistency with work location
- Expectation for proactive schedule management/filling
- Strong familiarity with established PT & Rehab dept policies, procedures, & workflows
PT, Physical Therapy, Physical Therapist, Float
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.