Patient Service Rep - Dawes Fretzin Dermatology
7910 Shadeland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46250
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within our Dawes-Fretzin Dermatology team (N Shadeland Ave). If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful career, then you should consider Community.
Where you fit inYou are the face of Community, the smile that greets our patients and helps them navigate through their appointment and registration processes. You will work closely with all team members to provide our patients with the highest degree of support.
Your career will encompass
- Working in conjunction with providers and clinical staff to take care of patients' administrative needs
- This position is vital to giving the patient the "Patient's First" service and treatment they deserve as soon as they walk into our facility
- Primary responsibilities include checking in patients for appointments, collecting patient payments, answering telephones, taking accurate messages, scheduling appointments, and checking insurance eligibility
- This position utilizes our electronic medical record system to verify and update patient demographic information, as well as, posting and balancing of payments collected
- One year of experience in a healthcare environment or a minimum of two years of experience in a customer service focused role; Experience with electronic medical records preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Strong listening and communication skills; Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, have attention to detail, strong organization skills, a team player; Written communication skills necessary for appropriate and accurate documentation
- Demonstrates an ability to use good judgment for maintaining confidentiality
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Intranet and Internet usage, Excel, Word, email, web based applications
Your life with Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.