Patient Care Technician - Surgical Inpatient
1402 East County Line
Indianapolis, IN 46227
The Patient Care Technician position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Patient Care Technician may perform some or all of basic patient care needs such as bathing, feeding, vitals, activities of daily living, and transportation of patients
- Exposure to blood and body fluids is possible
- Any additional unit based duties
Patient care experience preferred.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Demonstrates a learning attitude toward solving problems
- Demonstrates ability to respectfully address interpersonal conflicts
- Takes initiative to help others
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions
- Demonstrates openness to change and new learning
- Shows compassion towards patients and families
- Follows directions and instructions
- Basic math and reading skills
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with patients and personnel
- Ability to use a computer for documentation and work related purposes
- Maintains attendance and punctuality standards
- Must be able to lift
- Must be available for a minimum of four consecutive weeks, full-time
- Orientation shifts may include weekend shifts during first three weeks of orientation, and night and weekend shifts during the fourth week of orientation
CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, nursing assistant, patient tech, patient technician, patient aide
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.