Patient Care Technician - Med/Surg
7150 Clearvista Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46256
The Patient Care Technician position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana at Community Hospital North in the Med/Surg unit.
- May perform some or all of basic patient care needs such as bathing, feeding, toileting, vitals, activities of daily living, restraints, Accuchecks, engaging patient activities, and transportation of patients
- Greets and orients patients and family to the patient care area
- Exposure to blood and body fluids is possible
- Any additional unit based duties
Previous healthcare and/or customer service experience preferred
High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Demonstrates ability to respectfully address interpersonal conflicts
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions
- Shows compassion towards patients and families
- Basic math and reading skills
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with patients and personnel
- Ability to use a computer for documentation and work related purposes
- Maintains attendance and punctuality standards
- Must be able to lift
- Must be available for one week of full-time training
CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, nursing assistant, patient tech, patient technician, patient aide
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them - in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values - Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence - our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.