Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) - Daybeds - CHVH
8075 N Shadeland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46250
The Patient Care Coordinator position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Patient Care Coordinator provides daily, shift-to-shift leadership supporting the operations of the department
- The PCC exhibits excellence in clinical patient care, customer service, critical thinking, schedule management, relationship competencies, organizational skills and acts as a role model
- Demonstrates performance consistent with all professional standards of practice and care, mission, vision, and policies of the Network
- The Director has empowered this role with the authority and autonomy necessary to ensure the appropriate clinical and customer satisfaction outcomes as well as efficient and effective team processes
Minimum of two years as a Registered Nurse within specialty area or related specialty area preferred.
Graduate of Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education accredited school of nursing, or five years related professional nursing experience.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency required.
- Must be proficient in the work of a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrates competency in relationship skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrates role model attributes such as a positive attitude, approachable and calm demeanor
- Requires the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrates a proven ability in delegation skills
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically
- Demonstrates the ability to operate outside of departmental structure to achieve goals
- Demonstrates an ability to defuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- Ensures frequent patient rounding is conducted per unit protocols
- Successful completion of the basic proficiency in medication administration examination
- Successful completion of the orientation process and its associated competency assessments
- Successful completion of unit/department specific competency assessments
RN, registered nurse, nursing, nursing management, community, hospital
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.