Patient Care Coordinator (PCC)- Behavioral Health
This position is located on the north side of Indianapolis (on the main Community North campus).
• The Patient Care Coordinator provides daily, shift-to-shift leadership supporting the operations of the department
• The PCC exhibits excellence in clinical patient care, customer service, critical thinking, schedule management, relationship competencies, organizational skills and acts as a role model
• Demonstrates performance consistent with all professional standards of practice and care, mission, vision, and policies of the Network
• The Director has empowered this role with the authority and autonomy necessary to ensure the appropriate clinical and customer satisfaction outcomes as well as efficient and effective team processes
Behavioral Health or Addiction experience required. Previous leadership experience preferred.
Graduate of an ACEN or CCNE accredited nursing program, or three years related professional nursing experience. BSN preferred.
Current Indiana Registered Nurse (RN) license required.
• Must be proficient in the work of a Registered Nurse
• Demonstrates competency in relationship skills
• Demonstrates excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Demonstrates role model attributes such as a positive attitude, approachable and calm demeanor
• Requires the ability to multi-task
• Demonstrates excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
• Demonstrates a proven ability in delegation skills
• Demonstrates the ability to think critically
• Demonstrates the ability to operate outside of departmental structure to achieve goals
• Demonstrates an ability to defuse challenging situations in a professional manner
• Ensures frequent patient rounding is conducted per unit protocols
• Successful completion of the basic proficiency in medication administration examination
• Successful completion of the orientation process and its associated competency assessments
• Successful completion of unit/department specific competency assessments
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Nursing, Nursing Management
Ranked among the nation’s most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is guided by a simple mission: “Deeply committed to the communities we serve, we enhance health and well-being.” We fulfill this mission by making exceptional health care easy to access, as well as by involving ourselves deeply in the well-being and quality of life of the communities that gave birth to our network nearly six decades ago.
Our organization’s values are represented by the acronym PRIIDE: Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovations, Dedication, and Excellence. These values drive the work we do every day and the attitude we bring to every task.