Patient Access Manager
7979 Shadeland Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46250
The Manager, Patient Access position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana
• The Manager, Patient Access coordinates all aspects of Patient Access areas in a manner that ensures a customer focused quality conscious work climate
• Focused on interpersonal skills, data collection, ability to assess situations, and to assist the team in developing solutions to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction while ensuring the financial viability to the hospital.
• Primary functions of this position is to provide continual assessment and feedback to all team members, as well as, providing data regarding quality standards set for Patient Access to management
4 years of experience in a hospital or physician office setting required. A strong background in customer service is preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Allied Health, Business Management, or the equivalent in experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong management skills
• General knowledge of hiring, disciplinary, and evaluation requirements
• General knowledge of patient accounting
• Knowledge of registration requirements
• Computer skills
• Working knowledge of billing/reimbursement requirements
• Knowledge of insurance requirements
• Ability to interact well with all types of customers
• Ability to develop and implement new processes
• Knowledge of medical terminology
Patient access, registration, management
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.