OR Nurse Manager
8075 N Shadeland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46250
7:00am - 4:00pm
24 hour coverage
Community Health Network was created by our neighbors, for our neighbors. Over 60 years later, “community” is still the heart of our organization.
It means providing our neighbors with the best care possible, backed by state-of-the-art technology.
It means getting involved in the communities we serve through volunteer opportunities and benefit initiatives.
It means ensuring our dedicated caregivers can learn and grow to stay at the top of their fields, and to better serve our patients.
And above all, it means exceptional care, simply delivered — and we couldn’t do it without you.
The primary role of a Nurse Manager within Community Health Network is to achieve the goals and objectives of the department through the development of a new partnership between team members, physicians, and the Network that is consistent with the values and the Mission and Vision of the Network.
- Five (5) or more years of OR nursing experience (cardiothoracic surgery experience preferred)
- Three (3) or more years of management/leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Master’s degree is strongly preferred
- Certification required in relevant specialty or nursing administration within 3 years of assuming the role
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse by the Health Professions Bureau in Indiana
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Performance Improvement philosophy, principles, and technology.
- Knowledge of and ability to plan for and manage financial resources as well as key drivers of departmental budgets, meeting or exceeding identified financial targets.
- Demonstrated ability in communication, negotiation, creativity, flexibility and problem solving.
- Ability to operationalize Network goals, objectives and imperatives into nursing and patient care processes, programs and clinical practice guidelines (e.g. standards, pathways, policies, and procedures and protocol)
- Demonstrated understanding of the change process as evidence by examples of his/her ability to effectively communicate and execute change.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies to include examples of ability to motivate and develop staff by serving as a coach/role model. Able to articulate and demonstrate Network mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrated competency in leadership effectiveness standards.
Community Health Network embraces a servant leadership philosophy by putting the needs of patients, employees, and the community above their own. We strongly believe to provide exceptional healthcare services we need exceptional leaders. A Community leader humbly puts the needs of others first and provides focus and direction to those they have the privilege of leading. They demonstrate compassion in all interactions and are deeply invested in the growth and development of others.