Nutritionist and Culinary Educator
1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
The Culinary Nutrition Specialist position is located at Community Hospital East in Indianapolis, Indiana.
· Recipe development and testing; developing recipes based on specific nutrition guidelines or ingredients.
· Analysis of menus and recipes for nutritional adequacy
· Develops menus and/or meal plans to meet specific nutrition guidelines
· Develops story ideas and content for nutrition based food articles for various publications
· Offers nutrition based information with a focus on individuals within the Community Health Network and Caregivers
· Spreads nutrition education and awareness through educational labeling events, cooking demos, lecture presentations, health fairs, and other on-campus programming.
· Creating, developing, and measuring of core essential benchmarks within the department around nutrition.
· Works with the culinary team to ensure nutritional benchmarks are being met.
· A comfortability with public speaking, talking with customers and guests within the café to ask opinions on food options and how we can make them healthier.
No experience required.
- High level of expertise in the understanding of nutrition principles, theories, and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in dealing with patients and other professionals
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Organizational skills in problem solving, decision making, time management, and supervisor (indirect)
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws pertaining to nutrition practice
- Knowledge and expertise in application of educational and behavioral principles and theories
- Ability to work with peers in team situations
Dietitian, dietician, RD, nutrition
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.