Nursing Education Specialist- NICU
7150 Clearvista Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46256
The Nursing Education Specialist- NICU position is located at Community Hospitals North and East in Indianapolis,
Indiana and is responsible for NICU Nursing Education Services across the
This position provides education to nursing employees. Responsibilities include orientation, in-services and other classes. Additional responsibility of this job is project work supporting the Competency Center.
- Maintains the philosophy, goals, objectives, and policy and procedure of the network, department, and units.
- Interacts effectively with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Designs, develops and revises/maintains educational offerings and experiences based on principles of adult education, systematic inquiry, standards of practice, evaluation data and recommendations of accrediting agencies.
- Manages development, implementation and evaluation of educational activities program.
- Assesses uses and evaluates appropriate equipment, materials, facilities and education technology. Accesses and uses support services such as library, printing and audiovisual services.
Minimum of three years experience in an acute care setting as an RN
Experience in NICU nursing required
- Graduate from an ACEN or CCNE accredited school of nursing with a baccalaureate degree in Nursing
- MSN required - or within 12 months of graduation with MSN with focus of classes on Education
Current Indiana RN license
Registered Nurse, Educator, Nurse Educator, NICU Nurse, NICU RN, Education Specialist, NICU Registered Nurse
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is guided by a simple mission: "Deeply committed to the communities we serve, we enhance health and well-being." We fulfill this mission by making exceptional health care easy to access, as well as by involving ourselves deeply in the well-being and quality of life of the communities that gave birth to our network nearly six decades ago. Our organization's values are represented by the acronym PRIIDE: Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovations, Dedication, and Excellence. These values drive the work we do every day and the attitude we bring to every task