Nurse Manager, Emergency Department
1402 E County Line Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46227
Join our community
Community Health Network was created by our neighbors, for our neighbors. Over 60 years later, “community” is still the heart of our organization.
It means providing our neighbors with the best care possible, backed by state-of-the-art technology.
It means getting involved in the communities we serve through volunteer opportunities and benefit initiatives.
It means ensuring our dedicated caregivers can learn and grow to stay at the top of their fields, and to better serve our patients.
And above all, it means exceptional care, simply delivered — and we couldn’t do it without you.
The Nurse Manager:
- Achieves the goals and objectives of the department through the development of a new partnership between team members, physicians, and the network, consistent with the values, mission and vision of Community Health Network
- Serves as leader in providing excellent service, clinical standards, patient satisfaction goals to include patient/physician relationships and staff rounding
- Ensures staffing meets departmental workload and assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel, scope of practice, competencies, patient needs, and level of care
- Utilizes evidence based practices with regard to patient mix, resulting in improved clinical outcomes, and increased patient satisfaction
5 (five) or more years of critical care RN experience.
3 (three) or more years of management/leadership experience.
- Bachelor's of Nursing required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency required.
- Certification required in relevant specialty or Nursing Administration within three years of assuming the role.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Performance Improvement philosophy
- Ability to manage financial resources, including departmental budgets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate, be flexible and problem solve
- Operationalize network goals, objectives and imperatives
- Understand the change process
- Demonstrate leadership competency in effectiveness standards
Community Health Network embraces a servant leadership philosophy by putting the needs of patients, employees, and the community above their own. We strongly believe to provide exceptional healthcare services we need exceptional leaders. A Community leader humbly puts the needs of others first and provides focus and direction to those they have the privilege of leading. They demonstrate compassion in all interactions and are deeply invested in the growth and development of others.