1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Join our community
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available on our Medical LibraryTeam. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
As a Medical Librarian, you will -
- Be part of a team that plans, develops, delivers, and promotes information resources and research services to physicians, nurses, therapists, clinical educators, and other network personnel to support evidence-based practice and clinical decision-making
- Develop and provide training on library resources and services and on evidence-based practice
- Provide general reference and research assistance to non-clinical staff and students as needed.
- Identify and recommend electronic and print materials
- Provide document delivery and inter-library loan services for knowledge-based information resources in print and electronic formats
- Ability to engage with clinicians, faculty, and residents during all phases of the research process
- Ability to support scholarly submission process (posters, presentations, publications)
- Ability to conduct computerized searches of biomedical, scientific, academic, and business bibliographic databases
- Knowledge of medical library practice and medical terminology
- Current awareness and appropriate technological skills and experience in the online library environment
- Ability to perform document delivery and inter-library loan functions
- Knowledge and experience in organization of online information resources, systems, and platforms
- Ability to develop instructional programs to meet patron needs
- Ability to work independently, to handle many different tasks and interruption of tasks, to exercise independent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle problems/work routines of a diverse and complex nature
- Ability to collect and analyze data related to use of library services and knowledge-based resources to assess relevance and assist the Library Manager in data-driven strategic planning
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Previous professional experience in research design, methodology, scholarly activity, library experience in a health sciences library, computer searching of bibliographic databases, electronic resources management, patron instruction, reference, collection development, technical services
- Demonstrated experience in webpage building and maintenance preferred
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from a Library School accredited by the American Library Association OR equivalent advanced degree
Your life with Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for immediate consideration.