Medical Assistant (MA) - Dermatology (pipeline)
7910 Shadeland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46250
Join our community
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available on our Dawes Fretzin Dermatology Team. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit inAs a Certified Medical Assistant, you are the smiling face who greets the patients, and the one who makes things happen behind the scenes with prep work, documentation, and more. With over 200 sites of care, there are plenty of opportunities to learn new things, and our tuition reimbursement program is available to help you pursue higher education if that is your goal. Whatever you choose, you will find in Community a place to earn a living, grow, and gain skills that will last a lifetime.
Dawes Fretzin Dermatology Group:
- Premiere dermatology group in Indianapolis
- New, state of the art facility
- Electronic medical records
Your exceptional skills
- Prepare examination and treatment areas
- Room patients and manage an efficient flow of provider’s caseload
- Obtain vitals, EKGs, specimen collection
- Document patient information in EPIC electronic medical record system
- Prepare and administer injections under the supervision of an RN
- Process referrals and medication refills
- Triage calls
- Assist with minor procedures
- Cross train with peers in the practice
Your exceptional qualifications
- Diploma from ABHES or CAAHEP accredited Medical Assistant training program -OR
- Diploma from a non-accredited Medical Assistant program + 5 years of experience -OR
- High School Diploma + 7 years of experience
- Medical Assistant Certification required within 6 months of hire
- A commitment to Community Health Network’s PRIIDE values
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Communication skills necessary to maintain positive relationships with patients, providers, and staff
- Dermatology experience a PLUS
Additional Information:If unsure whether your MA program is accredited, please use the following link to ABHES or CAAHEP to verify. http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs
Your life with Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for immediate consideration.