Medical Assistant - AMB Resource Team
No evenings, weekends, holidays
Medical Assistant – Benefitted Resource Team
Located in various locations with the Resource Team in Indianapolis, Indiana
Being part of the Community Health Network is not only about taking care of people; it is about working together toward a common goal – exceptional care, simply delivered.
As a benefitted member of the Resource Team, you are a critical member deployed to our physician practices in need of extra hands! If you like variety and thrive in changing environments, you may love this opportunity.
As a Medical Assistant, you are the smiling face who greets the patients, and the one who makes things happen behind the scenes with prep work, documentation, and more. With over 200 sites of care, there are plenty of opportunities to learn new things, and our tuition reimbursement program is available to help you pursue higher education if that is your goal. Whatever you choose, you will find in Community a place to earn a living, grow, and gain skills that will last a lifetime.
A Day in the life:
- Prepare examination and treatment areas
- Room patients and manage an efficient flow of provider’s caseload
- Obtain vitals, EKGs, specimen collection
- Document patient information in EPIC electronic medical record system
- Prepare and administer injections under the supervision of an RN
- Process referrals and medication refills
- Assist with minor procedures
- Cross train with peers in the practice
What you will need:
- Diploma from ABHES or CAAHEP accredited Medical Assistant training program; or a diploma from a non-accredited Medical Assistant program + 5 years of experience; or a high school diploma + 7 years of experience
- Medical Assistant Certification required within 6 months of hire
- A commitment to Community Health Network’s PRIIDE values
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Communication skills necessary to maintain positive relationships with patients, providers, and staff
If unsure whether your MA program is accredited, please use the following link to ABHES or CAAHEP to verify. http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs
4-5 day/week commitment
Act as preceptor
Speak with your recruiter about our new compensation plan!