Manager Medical Management (RN)
Professional & Business Support
ProHealth Medical Management
Indianapolis, IN 46256
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm
8:30am - 5:00pm
Join our community
Community Health Network was created by our neighbors, for our neighbors. Over 60 years later, “community” is still the heart of our organization.
It means providing our neighbors with the best care possible, backed by state-of-the-art technology.
It means getting involved in the communities we serve through volunteer opportunities and benefit initiatives.
It means ensuring our dedicated caregivers can learn and grow to stay at the top of their fields, and to better serve our patients.
And above all, it means exceptional care, simply delivered — and we couldn’t do it without you.
In coordination with the department Director and Medical Director, the Manager Medical Management:
- Provides input to and directs implementation of the Medical Management departmental processes and annual Medical Management and Case Management Plans.
- Provides leadership, educates and supports staff members regarding medical management processes and work activities.
- Monitors work performance for direct reports and provides feedback and counseling.
- Works to achieve the mission of the Community Health Network through the development of partnerships between team members, physicians, and the Network that is consistent with the Mission and Vision of the Network.
- Two (2) or more years of clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Case Management, Utilization Management for a Managed Care Organization (i.e. Health Plan, IPA, HMO, TPA) or in other healthcare setting.
- Previous management or supervisory experience with nursing preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing as a Registered Nurse
- Current unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana.
- Certification in Case (CCM) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as exceptional critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of utilization management, care/case management, discharge planning, and cost management.
- Possess planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong computer proficiency (MS Office and Healthcare IT Systems).
Community Health Network embraces a servant leadership philosophy by putting the needs of patients, employees, and the community above their own. We strongly believe to provide exceptional healthcare services we need exceptional leaders. A Community leader humbly puts the needs of others first and provides focus and direction to those they have the privilege of leading. They demonstrate compassion in all interactions and are deeply invested in the growth and development of others.