Manager Clinical Research (Oncology)
Indianapolis, IN 46256
Join our community
Community Health Network was created by our neighbors, for our neighbors. Over 60 years later, “community” is still the heart of our organization.
It means providing our neighbors with the best care possible, backed by state-of-the-art technology.
It means getting involved in the communities we serve through volunteer opportunities and benefit initiatives.
It means ensuring our dedicated caregivers can learn and grow to stay at the top of their fields, and to better serve our patients.
And above all, it means exceptional care, simply delivered — and we couldn’t do it without you.
Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Trial Operations, the Manager Clinical Research is responsible for:
- Overseeing the development, implementation and management of all clinical research protocols.
- 24-hour accountability for their respective department/unit.
- Demonstrating leadership skills in education, practice, and operations.
- Ensuring the appropriate clinical and research outcomes and efficient, effective team processes.
- Supervising licensed and non-licensed patient care providers.
- Management Experience Preferred.
- Requires one (1) of the following:
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program and a minimum of two (2) years clinical experience including 18 months clinical research experience. Must also possess current IN RN license. OR:
- Completion of a bachelor’s in science or related degree and a minimum of three (3) years clinical experience including 18 months clinical research experience. OR:
- Completion of an allied health degree (e.g., Medical Assistant, Respiratory Therapy, Radiologic Technology, and Licensed Practical Nurse) or associates degree in Clinical Trials Research related curriculum plus a minimum of five (5) years clinical experience including 2.5 years clinical research experience.
- Strong background in clinical trial industry preferred.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Must be flexible, pleasant, outgoing, detail-oriented, organize.
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written).
- Self-starter and team player.
- Experience with medical records review and documentation.
- Competencies: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Basic computer competency.
- Exceptional interpersonal/relationship skills.
- Ability to coach/mentor a team.
Community Health Network embraces a servant leadership philosophy by putting the needs of patients, employees, and the community above their own. We strongly believe to provide exceptional healthcare services we need exceptional leaders. A Community leader humbly puts the needs of others first and provides focus and direction to those they have the privilege of leading. They demonstrate compassion in all interactions and are deeply invested in the growth and development of others.