Life Skills Clinician - Group Home
*Hours may vary
The Life Skills Clinician position is community based and will focus most efforts on the east side of Indianapolis, Indiana.
Monitors and provides skills training and development services to adults with serious mental illness and/or chronic addiction on how to perform the steps to reach their goals.
Two (2) years experience in a position requiring training and case management preferred.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required (in mental health related field preferred)
- Must have interpersonal skills including motivation, flexibility, persistence, and patience
- Must have effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must have the ability to relate in a non-judgmental and culturally competent manner
- Must have the knowledge of behavioral health competencies specific to population being served
- Must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle in accordance with CHI policy
- Must be able to make home/community based site visits
- Must possess knowledge and creativity in regard to community resources
This role will support/serve our group home unit that houses males ages 14 – 21. New hire will be responsible for teaching life skills as well as the general well-being of the clients. Other duties include transporting to and from work and light house cleaning.
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana’s leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor’s offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.