Life Skill Clinician - School Based
The Life Skills Clinician position is school based primarily working with Indianapolis Public Schools, Charter Schools, and school districts surrounding many areas of Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Monitors and provides mental health and chemical dependency education/training services to youth with severe emotional disturbances and their families
- May work with adult clients as part of adult treatment team
One (1) year experience in a human services related field involving skills training and case management preferred
Bachelor’s degree required
- Must possess the ability to function independently under supervision, problem solving abilities/good judgment
- Must have interpersonal skills including motivation, flexibility, persistence, and patience
- Must have the ability to relate in a non-judgmental and culturally competent manner
- Must have the knowledge of behavioral health competencies specific to population being served Must possess knowledge of or readiness to learn strengths oriented Recovery and Resiliency Models
- Must value client/family centered care and able to apply strengths based needs assessment
- Must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle in accordance with CHI policy
- Must be able to make home/community based site visits
The primary function of this job is school based however, new hire will be required to go out into the community during extended school breaks. The main hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm however, may vary depending on schools start time.
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana’s leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor’s offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.