Licensed Practical Nurse - Fairbanks Behavioral Health
8102 Clearvista Pkwy
Indianapolis, IN 46256
Job LocationThe Licensed Practical Nurse position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana on the Fairbanks campus.
License Practical Nurse: Our addiction treatment facility is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our team and help fulfill the care requirements of our patients. Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the successful candidate will work within their full scope of practice. The LPN will be fully accountable for utilizing basic understanding of the psychiatric and personality aspects of the patient ensuring that the utmost in in competent care and safety is consistently delivered to all patients. This opportunity awaits a motivated and ambitious professional.
The LPN may be responsible for: medication administration; daily assessment bundle completion on patients as indicated; performing discharges and other activities.
Other Essential Job Duties
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures
- Protects clients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Documents patient care services by charting in client and departmental records
- Maintains continuity among teams by documenting and communicating actions, responses, and reassessments
- Maintains client confidence by keeping information confidential
- Role models effective problem solving techniques as the effective means of resolving conflict
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff, management and members of health care team
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the detox process and use of medications, including side effects and potential reactions
- Must have LPN license in State of Indiana
- Active CPR certification
- Minimum of one (1) year LPN experience in psychiatric or substance use disorder nursing preferred