Law Enforcement Officer-PRN-Howard
3500 South LaFountain Street
Kokomo, IN 46902
Saturday and Sunday
The Law Enforcement Officer-PRN position is located in Kokomo, Indiana.
- Completes assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Critical Incident Management--Manages and maintains control in Use of Force Emergency Response and Preparedness.
- Follows the correct process to contact and communicate with investigations team.
- Ensures responsible care of patient valuables, weapons in our control, and completing property inventory logs as required.
- Assure that the lost and found is well maintained and items accounted for.
- International Association of Hospital Safety and Security Basic Officer Training within 1st year.
- Successfully complete the Marian County Sheriff's Office Academy or ILEA.
- CPR/AED certified
- Hazmat Certification Operations Level 1 within 1 year.
Must have the approval of Marion County Sheriff's Office, or Indiana Law Enforcement Academy for active Police Powers and Current Certifications.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice and/or equivalent experience in Public Safety is preferred.
- Must complete the Basic Officer Training 80 hour program provided by the department.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid Indiana State Gun permit within 1 year of employment.
- Hazmat Certification Operations Level within 1 year of employment.
- CPR/AED Trained within 1 year of employment.
- Written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal laws
- Ability to work with peers in a team environment.
- Leadership skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Basic computer literacy skills.
Keywords: Officer, security guard, patrol
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.