Lactation Consultant (RN) - Maternity Services
1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Evenings and Weekends
The Lactation Consultant position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Job DutiesThe lactation consultant functions as a member of the health care team to promote support and protect breastfeeding by:
- Act as an advocate for and with the breastfeeding family
- Act as an advocate for breastfeeding in the workplace and within the health care professions
- Fostering family support for the breastfeeding mother
- Empowering women to make informed feeding choices
- Assisting women to learn the skills to successfully initiate and maintain lactation and to overcome obstacles to breastfeeding, thus enhancing maternal role satisfaction.
One year RN experience required. Experience as RN with IBCLE Certification in Hospital Setting or Private Practice preferred.
License RN licensure current in State of Indiana required.
Certification by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners or actively pursuing certification; must complete certification within 12 months of accepting position.
- Demonstrates competency in relationship skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Use effective counseling skills when interacting with clients and other health care providers
- Ability to accurately record all relevant information concerning care provided
- Show respect for and embrace diversity
- Demonstrate understanding of age specific competencies and skills
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.