Indianapolis, IN 46256
- The Histology technician position is located in Indianapolis, IN at Dawes Fretzin Dermatology Group
- Under the direction of the Physician, prepares surgical slides for review by the physician. The standard of ethical and professional performance must be consistent with established medical laboratory practices.
- Verifies the specimen validity, identification, and requisition effectively, utilizing knowledge, skills and resources
- Follows histologic principles regarding specimen acceptability and integrity
- Prepares microscopic slides on human tissue for diagnostic purposes: includes grossing, embedding, microtomy, staining, and cover slipping of both paraffin processed tissue and frozen sectioning
- Performs histochemical stains on a variety of tissues to assist in diagnosis
- Receives and accessions specimens to include all manual and computerized data entry
- Three (3) years Histology bench experience
- Specific training in histology procedures
- Previous Mohs experience preferred
- Eligible for HT(ASCP) certification, and 60 college credits to perform grossing according to CLIA regulations.
- Able to differentiate tissues for appropriate embedding
- Experienced in cutting and staining (to include special staining procedures)
- Experience with dermatology specimens
- Knowledge of CLIA/CAP standards. Knowledge of OSHA, Safety and Compliance Regulations
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with ability to maintain records
- Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically
- Experience with trouble shooting histology equipment problems
- Demonstrated ability in handling confidential information as it relates to physicians, employees, patients, and external customer groups
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.