1402 East County Line
Indianapolis, IN 46227
The Exercise Specialist position is located on the south side of Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Exercise Specialist provides direct care to cardiac rehabilitation patients for restoring functional capacity by assuring safe and appropriate instruction in monitored exercise
- Provides instructional activities targeting cardiac risk factor reduction and healthy lifestyle promotion
- Facilitates psychological adjustment to lifestyle changes and periodically reviews progress of patient and adjusts care accordingly
6 months experience in cardiac rehabilitation facility strongly preferred
Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science and Wellness
- Nationally recognized certification preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Possesses advanced knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, hemodynamics, dysrhythmias and identification of life threatening electrocardiogram changes.
- Knowledge of cardiovascular pathophysiology and associated risk factors.
- Knowledge of role of lifestyle modification in lowering cardiovascular risk factors.
Validation of skills as related to exercise testing and supervision, phlebotomy, vital signs measurement, 12-lead ECG (electrocardiogram) performance, Lead II interpretation.
Ability to physically facilitate and support patients participating in the rehabilitation program in performance of exercise, by demonstration, as needed. *Hire must be willing to travel to different sites.
Exercise science, cardiac rehabilitation, exercise testing, cardiac rehab
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.