Emergency Room Technician - Clinical Decision Unit
1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
The Emergency Room Technician position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Emergency Department Technician greets and orients patients to the patient care area.
- Performs cardiac monitoring and rhythm interpretation.
- Provides security access to and from the Emergency Department by monitoring cameras and answering entrance phones.
- Provides patient care services as stated to the patient.
- Collaborates with other team members to perform other services as directed.
Experience in the healthcare field required; one year healthcare experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Successful completion of Patient Support Technician class requirements upon hire
- Successful completion of arrhythmia recognition course, as assigned
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written format
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math functions, including the usage of decimals
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effective and work with healthcare providers, patients and families of various ages
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and maintain high state of ness
- Ability to hear spoken word as well as telephone and equipment alarms
- Able to see well, with correction, as a distance of at least 20 feet and up close
Nursing assistant, EMT, patient technician
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.