Emergency Room Technician
7150 Clearvista Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46256
The Emergency Room Technician position is located Indianapolis, IN at Community Hospital North.
- Performs cardiac monitoring and rhythm interpretation, venous blood draws, clean dressing changes, catheter care, POC testing as ordered, among other duties on the unit
- Greets and orients patients and family to the patient care area
- Provides security access to and from the Emergency Department by monitoring cameras and answering entrance phones.
- Provides hourly purposeful rounding to assigned patients
- Transports patients to and from ancillary departments as delegated by Care manager/PCC
- Communicates pertinent patient information to the appropriate person
Experience in the healthcare field preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Successful completion of arrhythmia recognition course, as assigned
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written format
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math functions
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with patients and employees of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and maintain high state of alertness
- Ability to hear spoken word as well as telephone and equipment alarms
- Able to see well, with correction, as a distance of at least 20 feet and up close
- Must be able to lift
- Must be available for one week of full-time training
Nursing assistant, EMT, Patient technician, ER Technician, ED Technician
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.