Echo Technologist - Weekend Premium
8075 N Shadeland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46250
This position pays a weekend premium and is full time benefited for part time hours (24) hours per week
Sign on bonus available for experienced technologists!
Join our community!
Community Health Network was created by our neighbors, for our neighbors. Over 60 years later, “community” is still the heart of our organization.
- It means providing our neighbors with the best care possible, backed by state-of-the-art technology.
- It means getting involved in the cities we serve through volunteer opportunities and benefit initiatives.
- It means ensuring our dedicated caregivers can learn and grow to stay at the top of their fields, and to better serve our patients.
- And above all, it means exceptional care, simply delivered — and we couldn’t do it without you.
The Echo Technologist position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana at the Community Heart and Vascular Hospital and Community North.
- Inpatients only, no outpatients
- Will cover both the Heart Hospital and Community North
- The Echo Technologist or Registered Cardiac Sonographer provides ultrasound diagnostic tests for patients.
- Performs 2-D/Doppler/Colorflow ultrasound, as directed by physician.
- Performs transesophageal echo, stress Echos and contrast Echos.
- Schedules patients and explains procedures.
- Positions patients and selects appropriate transducer.
- Maintains equipment.
- Orders and stocks ultrasound supplies.
At least two years of experience required
High School Diploma or GED Required
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred with completion of ultrasonic technology through ARDMS or CCI credential.
LicenseCertification in diagnostic ultrasound through ARDMS or CCI.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology to pinpoint area of imaging
- Skills in operating ultrasound equipment
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with patients and medical staff
- Ability to adapt easily and appropriately apply guidelines and procedures
- Demonstrate teamwork and strong communication skills
Cardiac; diagnostic ultrasound; echo; sonographer; cardiac imaging, cardiac sonographer echocardiographer, echo tech
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.