Echo Tech / Cardiac Sonographer
8075 N Shadeland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46250
7am - 3:30pm
On call rotation of every 7th weekend
The Echo Technician position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Echo Technician or Registered Cardiac Sonographer provides ultrasound diagnostic tests for patients.
- Performs 2-D/Doppler/Colorflow ultrasound, as directed by physician.
- Performs transesophageal echo, stress Echos and contrast Echos.
- Schedules patients and explains procedures.
- Positions patients and selects appropriate transducer.
- Maintains equipment.
- Orders and stocks ultrasound supplies.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred with completion of ultrasonic technology through ARDMS or CCI credential.
Certification in diagnostic ultrasound through ARDMS or CCI.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology to pinpoint area of imaging
- Skills in operating ultrasound equipment
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with patients and medical staff
- Ability to adapt easily and appropriately apply guidelines and procedures
- Demonstrate teamwork and strong communication skills
Cardiac; diagnostic ultrasound, cardiac sonographer, sonography, cardiac imaging
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.