Director Strategic Sourcing
Indianapolis, IN 46256
The Director of Strategic Sourcing position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
The Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision and strategy for the sourcing of supplies and services for the Network, to meet specified cost reduction targets. The Director leads staff to focus on negotiating contracts for all supplies, services, and capital projects for the Network using the total cost of ownership approach aligned with the organization’s strategic plans. This leader adheres to the competitive bidding and award policies and procedures in an efficient and effective manner utilizing the ERP and contracting systems as developed to meet needs of the supply chain function.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in a leadership capacity supporting a supply chain sourcing operation with a solid track record of driving cost reduction improvement programs required. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Knowledge in Value Analysis product review, product conversions, product standardization, and product trial.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, cost analysis, standard costing, statistical control, and other strategies in costs management and process improvement.
Bachelor's degree in business management, hospital administration, or other related field required. Master’s preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) development, contract analysis, negotiation and process administration.
- Proven ability to accomplish goals through committee / group decision dynamics.
- Capable of cost containment, expense management, and financial analysis in a supply chain setting.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and align with the business partners on internal demand / process analysis, external supplier base analysis, supply strategy selection, supplier selection integration etc.
- Must have a thorough understanding of purchasing and contract management methods and procedures, purchasing and contracting law, and purchasing ethics.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, strong project management skills, strong customer intake skills, strong professional relationship skills, and the ability to manage a large volume of work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and presentation software tools to interpret, communicate, and present information in clear, concise, and understandable manner.
- Demonstrates strong ability to understand and apply complicated data, including cost-benefit analysis and financial feasibility studies to develop value analysis strategies, priorities, and plans.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clinical leaders across the Network, and ability to work in a team environment with diverse groups of both clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- Demonstrated experience in change management, quality management, process analysis, data analysis, problem solving, and team building.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Professional knowledge associated with acute and ambulatory care practices is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Supply chain, purchasing, procurement, contracting.
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana’s leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor’s offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.