Director of Quality, Oncology
7979 Shadeland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46250
The Director of Quality for Oncology position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
The Director of Quality, in alignment with the SVP of Oncology and the Physician Executive of the Oncology Product line, is responsible for coordination and successful execution of all Quality activities within the Oncology Product line. This includes performance improvement, registries, accreditation and regulatory compliance survey processes, and infection prevention programs. The Director collaborates and participates with hospital leadership and risk management, and communicates to VP Quality & Risk, Network CMO, Executive Physicians, Regional / local President, Administrator / Chief Nurse Executives, and other local leaders.
Seven (7) or more years of nursing experience with a minimum of three (3) years of progressive quality management administrative experience in a healthcare setting required. Pharmacist experience is also acceptable. Experience with accreditation and regulatory compliance survey processes preferred.
BSN and master’s prepared or level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a master’s degree, preferably in a healthcare related field. Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy is also acceptable. CPHQ certification within 3 years of employment.
Currently licensed as an RN by the Health Professions Bureau in Indiana, or valid Indiana Pharmacist License.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Quality / Performance Improvement philosophy, principles, and technology.
- Knowledge of data, statistics and analytic principles and tools.
- Ability to demonstrate and provide examples of continuous personal development and improvement in each of the essential functions.
- Understanding of external / internal customer’s needs. e.g., Nursing, regulatory and compliance.
- Cohesive team building skills and effective leadership skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required. Critical thinking, conflict resolution and strong organizational skills needed. Systems knowledge; ability to identify and improve organization-wide priorities.
CPHQ, Quality, Nurse Leader
Community Health Network embraces a servant leadership philosophy by putting the needs of patients, employees, and the community above our own. We strongly believe to provide exceptional healthcare services we need exceptional leaders. A Community leader humbly puts the needs of others first and provides focus and direction to those they have the privilege of leading. They demonstrate compassion in all interactions and are deeply invested in the growth and development of others.