Director GME Clinical Operations
Indianapolis, IN 46256
The Director, Graduate Medical Education (GME) Clinical Operations position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
The Director works in conjunction with each GME (Graduate Medical Education) clinical practice (ambulatory and hospital-based) in Academic Affairs to achieve the highest level of patient care and satisfaction while providing an outstanding clinical learning environment. This position is accountable for business performance and clinical revenue, and driving improvement in patient care quality and data related to program patient care quality, safety, patient satisfaction and employee engagement.
The Director is responsible for clinical and quality dashboards, staffing models, and practice improvements of the GME clinical operations. This position supports the clinical spaces and operational spaces of Academic Affairs. Reporting to the VP of Physician Development and Leadership Education and working with the residency and/or fellowship clinical leadership, this role supports the practices’ implementation of strategies and initiatives supporting the priorities of the network, Academic Affairs, and alignment with Community Physician Network. The Director serves as a member of the Academic Affairs leadership team with shared accountability for overall GME strategy and success.
- Minimum five (5) years of high level, practice management experience in a multi-site, multi-specialty, ambulatory and/or inpatient health care setting, managing a highly diverse team of clinical and non-clinical professionals. Large group experience strongly preferred.
- Experience effectively managing physician relationships and building relationships across diverse groups.
- Financial management expertise to formulate and monitor budget, revenue growth, collections, etc.
- Familiarity with various applications relevant to practice management, clinical technology (EHR, quality reports), and financial applications.
- Ability to provide data and metrics for GME clinical performance dashboards, including quality and safety, as well as clinical data required for program accreditation.
- Experience in clinical staffing and hiring processes for optimal resident education, supervision, and patient care; interdisciplinary practice experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare and practice related issues, solutions, and trends.
- Experience with managing a high performance environment, requiring high availability within a high pressure environment.
- Proven ability to execute proactive decisions using sound business judgment.
Bachelor’s degree required. MSN, MBA, or MHA preferred.
Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work well with complex organizational systems.
- Ability to provide leadership within medical and health education settings.
- Ability to create cross-reporting relationships with each GME practice.
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate flexibility.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and group communication skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution and management skills.
- Ability to motivate others around goals of network educational excellence.
- Professionalism, clear ethical and moral judgment.
- Ability to manage projects and programs.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other computer programs.
- Ability to create clear written communication, documents, executive summaries, policies.
GME, Academic Affairs, Residency Programs, Practice Administration, Practice Management
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana’s leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor’s offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.