Diagnostic Imaging Physicist
1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Sign on bonus available for qualified candidate!
Join our community!
Community Health Network was created by our neighbors, for our neighbors. Over 60 years later, “community” is still the heart of our organization.
- It means providing our neighbors with the best care possible, backed by state-of-the-art technology.
- It means getting involved in the cities we serve through volunteer opportunities and benefit initiatives.
- It means ensuring our dedicated caregivers can learn and grow to stay at the top of their fields, and to better serve our patients.
- And above all, it means exceptional care, simply delivered — and we couldn’t do it without you.
The Diagnostic Imaging Physicist position is located at Community Hospital East, 1400 N. Ritter Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46219.
The Physicist provides physics services to the Medical Imaging Service Line in accordance with the highest standards of practice as required by regulatory agencies.
- physics testing for imaging equipment across the network.
- support to technologists and administrators in radiation dose management, protocol optimization, training, etc.
- support for nuclear medicine/therapy procedures across the network.
- emergency response assistance for patients who reenter the system who have been administered above therapy treatments.
- shielding design for new/existing/upgraded projects
- dose estimates for patients/staff exposed to radiation or radioactive materials.
At least two (2) years of clinical experience in Medical Imaging under the preceptorship of a Physicist certified in Nuclear Medicine or Radiological Physics by the American Board of Radiology, American Board of Medical Physics, American Board of Science in Nuclear Medicine, or Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine.
Master of Science or Doctoral degree in Medical Physics or related discipline.
- Certified in Nuclear Medicine or Radiological Physics by the American Board of Radiology, the American Board of Medical Physics, the American Board of Science in Nuclear Medicine, or the Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine or will obtain certification within five years after employment begins.
- Must meet the criteria set forth by the Indiana State Department of Health for Health Physicist, X-ray Machine Inspector, and/or Diagnostic Imaging Physicist.
- Must meet physicist qualifications set forth by The Joint Commission and the American College of Radiology for modalities serviced. For Mammography, must meet physicist requirements set forth in the Mammography Quality Standards Act and Program
- Experience shall include equipment testing, quality control, radiation surveys, shielding design and image analysis.
- Must be familiar with all federal, state and local requirements pertaining to licensure and operation.
- MRI, CT, Mammography, or Nuclear Medicine experience
Physics, medical physics, Diagnostic Imaging Physicist, MRI Physicist, Radiation Safety Officer, Medical RSO,
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.