Device Registered Nurse (RN) - Pacemaker-CHVH - East
1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
This position will be located on the east side of Indianapolis. Travel to other sites is required.
Performs follow up testing of all cardiac rhythm management devices, including remote monitoring under the direction of the physician. Supports the Electrophysiology team (duties including phone triage, patient education and other related tasks).
• 3+ years nursing experience, as well as ECG, arrhythmia/dysrhythmia knowledge, required
• Electrophysiology/Device experience strongly preferred
• Background in cardiology practice, critical care setting, and/or pacing preferred
Graduate of an ACEN or CCNE accredited nursing program, or three years related professional nursing experience. We will also provide an extensive training program to assist the Device RN to be successful in performing device interrogations, trouble shooting, and being able to identify normal vs. abnormal behavior of all cardiac rhythm management devices with appropriate timely documentation. May require independent self-study to complete training program.
Current Indiana Registered Nurse (RN) license required. Current CPR and ACLS also required.
• Must be organized, able to multi-task, have excellent communication skills and strong reasoning skills
• Must be able to work well with the providers, as well as work well independently
• Must be able to work well within a team, working closely with vendors and industry representatives within the network
• Device RN's are responsible for their own continuing education to maintain current knowledge of EP and cardiac rhythm management
Healthcare, Clinic, Hospital, EP, Electrophysiology, Device, Pacing, Pacemaker, Heart, Cardiac, Cardiology, RN, Registered Nurse
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.