CST First Assistant/Patient Support Tech - Maternity Services
1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, US-IN 46219
The Certified Surgical Technologist First Assistant/Patient Support Technician -Maternity Services position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Certified Surgical Technologist First Assistant (CST First Assistant) provides aid in exposure hemostasis, closure, and other intraoperative technical functions that help the surgeon carry out a safe operation with optimal results for the patient.
- Performs preoperative and postoperative duties to better facilitate proper patient care.
- Performs functions during the operation under the direction and supervision of the surgeon.
A graduate of a surgical assisting program accredited through ARC/STSA.
Certification by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the surgeon and other team members with respect to the requirements of a particular surgical procedure
- Maintain working knowledge of all operating room procedures with respect to attire, infection control, and individual requirements and recommended practices of compliance
- Keeps abreast of new technology with respect to surgical intervention and its pertinence to patient management
CSTFA, CST First Assistant, Certified Surgical First Assistant, CSFA
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.