1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
5:00am - 1:00 pm or
11:00am - 7:30pm
The Cook position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Cook is responsible for maintaining principles of proper food production and other related activities
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of foods, such as meats, soups, sauces, gravies, starch, entrees, vegetables, and special orders
- Responsible for seeing that food is prepared according to menu
- Confers with supervisors as to the use of leftovers, and menu changes
- Maintains high standards of food handling and cleanliness in the work area, and is responsible for high standards of personal cleanliness
- Will work together with the employees of the department to provide optimal food, nutritional, and environmental services to patients, visitors, and staff
Experience in food services as a cook.
Completion of 10th grade level education is required; must provide proof. High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English; must be able to read and comprehend recipes
- Must be able to use simple arithmetic and keep simple records
- Must be able to use simple office machines, meat slicers, mixers, steamers, and other institutional cooking equipment
- Must be able to perform several tasks (assembling trays, reading menus, etc.) at the same time
- Ability to handle high stressed situations
- Ability to produce products with last minute notice and be successful
- Ability to follow instruction and acceptance of guidance
KeywordsCater, dietary, cafeteria, Chef, cood, food services