Community Health Advocate-Bilingual
1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
8am - 4:30pm - ED/Med Check
3:30 - 11:30pm ED/Med Check
The Community Health Advocate-Bilingual position is located at Community East Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Community Health Advocate is responsible for providing outreach, social support, care transition, and community resource information to patient/clients and their families.
The Community Health Advocate promotes access to medical and social services assisting clients in utilizing available resources; including scheduling appointments, accompanying patients to appointments as needed, educating patients about available community resources, referring patients to local service agencies, helping complete forms and applications for services, coaching patients on self-management, conducting home and or community visits, and communicating client related information back to the clinical team.
6 months experience working in a Community Health Worker (CHW) role or in another position with the provision of social services, supportive services, personal care, or related duties.
Bilingual in Spanish-English preferred.
High School education or GED required.
Valid Indiana driver's license and insurance required.
- Strong intrapersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Basic computer skills
- Experience working with and speaking in front of community groups
- Knowledge of health and social service systems
- Experience performing interviewing and confidential data collection techniques, and record keeping
- Ability and willingness to provide patient support, encouragement and motivation to patient to fully participate in service programs
- Ability and willingness to recognize patients with severe problems and refer them to the appropriate professionals and resources.
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.