Clinical Support Assistant - Progressive Care
1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
The Clinical Support Assistant position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana at Community Hospital East.
- Initiates, assembles and maintains charts for patients
- Records specified patient data in chart daily
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties, such as; answering phones or call lights; relaying information/messages; placing additional forms in charts; scheduling appointments, tests/procedures; and entering patient charges into computers
- Communicates with other departments, patients, and medical staff
- Frequently communicates with other departments to relay information, clarify information, and obtain supplies, request repairs
Three (3) to six (6) months of previous clerical/receptionist experience. Previous department specific experience helpful. Knowledge of medical terminology may be required for some areas.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
- Technical ability to operate a variety of office machines
- Ability to work well under pressure & organize work to meet deadlines
- Must be able to do multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to take the initiative in work areas and work cooperatively with peers
- Visual acuity to perform typing/computer entry
- Strong computer hardware and software knowledge, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Outlook
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong interpersonal skills & customer service orientation
- Ability to work overtime if needed
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana’s leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor’s offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.